The ESTIMATOR creates accurate job estimates through the take-off process and communicates them thoroughly to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for creating detailed and accurate takeoffs and quotes from blueprints or other customer supplied documents.
• Interpret and analyze architectural plan sets as required.
• Effectively communicate any discrepancies or potential issues in design or blueprints that may lead to customer dissatisfaction or expose the company to additional expense. Review all qualifications or exceptions on quote with sales.
• Identify value-engineering opportunities and manage potential expenses, as required, based on customer and sales feedback per company policies and procedures.
• Document estimates and take offs and fastidiously maintain detailed plan log.
• Identify process improvement opportunities as they apply to take-off functions. Look for innovative approaches to exceed expectations of internal and external customers.
• Passionately exemplify commitment to elevating the standards for People, Products, Procedures, and Profitability of the company.
• Support the Core Values, purpose and company mission.
• Vigorously comply with all SOPs, company policies, procedures, and performance standards.
• Incorporate safety as a lifestyle and report any known safety issues to the correct personnel.
• Two-year degree, technical certificate, or equivalent work experience required.
• Prior estimating experience preferred.
• Familiarity with architectural elements and styles.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Microsoft Excel proficiency. CAD skills helpful.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret architectural plan sets.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
To Apply: Applications accepted until position is filled. Email or Fax a Resume, cover letter and any letters of recommendation to Careers@readingrock.com or 513-326-2977.