General Summary: This individual will work under minimal supervision to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance (preventative and predictive), inspections, repairs, and troubleshooting of the plant machinery and facilities. Work to be conducted on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems along with pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics as well as switchgear, motors, and other electrical equipment. All work to be done with an emphasis on safety as well as the environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assures the safe execution of all maintenance activities and helps ensure the safety of each associate by taking an active role in the safety programs the company has in place.
· Maintain the general plant equipment and machinery, making sure it is clean, in proper working order and performing preventative maintenance on schedule. Conduct facility maintenance and repairs as needed.
· Responsible for assigned special projects in the facility, including fabrication of items to help the operation.
· Assist the department foreman and the machine operators during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities, equipment breakdowns, and trouble shooting. This includes, but is not limited to, directing activities, physically assisting with work, sharing knowledge, and performing activity follow-up.
· Coordinate with the department managers any maintenance activities that may require special assistance (e.g., parts procurement, arranging for outside contractors, equipment rental, etc.).
· Assist department managers in maintaining parts and supplies stores. This would include researching, ordering and obtaining needed parts and supplies.
· Develop new ideas aimed at improving safety, production, quality, and lowering costs.
· Assist the department manager or immediate supervisor in any specific duties he/she assigns. Provide quality service to both internal and external customers at all times.
· Work with department managers and production executives, offering advice and suggestions during the planning and implementation of capital and special projects at both the corporate facility and satellite facilities. This could include some or all aspects of project management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, practices, and safety precautions used in maintenance and repair of machinery, buildings, grounds, related structures, and utility systems.
· Understands electrical systems, mechanical systems, fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) systems, industrial electronics, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and control systems.
· Ability to understand technical terminology common to various trades along with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings, schematics, diagrams, prints, publications and locally generated instructions.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume and other calculations.
· Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems. Basic interaction knowledge with computer systems including average proficiency, or better, with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
· Minimum 3 - 5 years of industrial maintenance and project management experience required. Journeyman level electrician preferred. Experience with AC/DC drives and motors, digital and analog electronics, control circuits, computers/PLC and test instruments, power supplies, power distribution, 480V systems, and NFPA70E needed.
· High school diploma required. College degree / licensed electrician desirable.
· Must have own basic tools to perform all job duties.
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted. Must be a hard worker with a good and positive attitude.
To Apply: Applications accepted until position is filled. Email or Fax a Resume, cover letter and any letters of recommendation to Careers@readingrock.com or 513-326-2977.